Lost Tower Publications
Independent & Unique
Poems can be up to 70 lines
Poems can be of any form or style
No extreme violence or explicit erotica, please
Please fill in the copyright form below
Unfortunately, no free poetry books will be given to individual poets but we try to give our poets as much publicity as possible!
The Viking age in European history was from about 700 to 1100 AD. During this period many Vikings left their homelands in Scandinavia and travelled by longboat to other countries, like Britain and Ireland. The first Viking raid recorded in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle was around 787 AD. It was the start of fierce fighting for control of England between the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings. The Vikings brought with them their own beliefs and pagan religion worshiping a variety of gods, beings, and heroes such as:
- Freyja - Goddess of love, fertility, and battle
- Loki - Trickster and god of mischief
- Odin (Óðin)n - The "All Father" God of war, associated with wisdom, poetry, and magic (The Ruler of the gods).
- Thor - son of Óðinn God of thunder and battles
The aim of this anthology is to celebrate Norse mythology, reinventing their tales for a modern audience.
Poetry Submission Form
The Joy of Reading
'It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.' Oscar Wilde
Submission to this poetry anthology will close 1st June 2017.
Conditions & Guidelines
- All poems submitted will be considered for inclusion in this anthology
- All poems must be the author's own work
- Unpublished poems and those previously published can be submitted
- Authors are responsible for informing Lost Tower Publications of any licenses or conditions they have.
- Copyright remains with the author
- Poems can be up to 70 lines in length
- Poems can have any form or style
- Poems must have a theme of the
- Only selected poems will be published in Norse Mythology.
- The editor's decision on those chosen for publication is final, no correspondence will be entered to save for notification of whether the work is to be included in the anthology
- Copyright of individual poems remains with the author at all times
- Successful entries will be published in paperback
- On entering your poem into this competition you agree to your work being published in Norse Mythology
- This is a royalty-free anthology
- No free books will be given to individual poets
- We donate free books to libraries and old peoples home of our choice.