Lost Tower Publications
Independent & Unique
If you wish to submit a poem or poems, click on the Pay Now button to purchase a submission fee for $6 (USD) approx, or £3.00 (GBP); this will take you through to PayPal where you can pay using PayPal, debit or credit card.
Once you have paid the submission fee you will be directed to a Thank You page which will give you the submission email address and further instructions on how to submit your work.
Poems will only go forward to the selection process if the submission fee has been paid, and a maximum of three per submission fee is permissible
The closing date for submissions is 31st October 2017.
All entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
Payment of the submission fee denotes that you agree to the Guidelines and Conditions below and agree for your work, should it be selected, to be published on the Poetry Bookshop and Lost Tower Publications websites and/or social media pages.
The Witching Hour Competition 2017
This competition is to find the best supernatural poet of 2017 is now OPEN.
Poems can be of any form or style
Poems must invoke the supernatural. horror or fantasy.
This competition is run by Lost Tower Publications.
The Poetry Prize
The poem judged as the most exciting and unusual will receive:
- A £10 prize;
- A selection of poetry books
- The winners poem published on The Poetry Bookshop and Lost Tower Publications websites and/or social media pages.
There is a submission fee $6 or £3.00 for up to three poems.
The Witching Hour Entries 2016-7
|Rosemary Schonfeld||For Sandy|
|Phebe Phillips||The Follower|
The Walled Nun, Coldingham Abbey, Scotland
How To Submit Your Poem
On the right right-hand of this page you will see A PayPal Box.
Choose the box of your currency and pay the very small but necessary competition fee.
Once you have paid that you will be directed onto the submission page.
Poems will be submitted via their own special submission form.
If you wish to pay by Cheque please click here
The Joy of Reading
'It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.' Oscar Wilde
The Witching Hour Poetry Competition 2017 is now open.
Terms And Conditions
- All poems submitted, for which the submission fee has been paid, will be entered into The Witching Hour Competition 2017
- The poems will be judged by poet P.J.Reed and her decision will be upheld and final.
- No friends, acquaintances or family members of people employed by Lost Tower Publications/ The Poetry Bookshop are permitted to enter this competition.
- All poems must be the author's own work
- Unpublished poems and those previously published can be submitted
- Authors are responsible for informing Lost Tower Publications of any licenses or conditions they have.
- Copyright remains with the author and authors of all poems selected will be asked to agree to the copyright notice
- Poems can be up to 70 lines in length
- Poems can be on any subject, have any form or style
- No correspondence will be entered to save for notification of whether the work has won or been awarded a Highly Commended. This notification will be sent in Autumn 2017
- Copyright of individual poems remains with the author at all times
- On entering your poem into this competition you agree to your work being published on the Poetry Bookshop and Lost Tower Publications websites and/or social media pages.
Competition Entry Fee
To Submit Your Poems For judging in The Witching Hour Competition 2017.
Please Press Here To Submit Your Reading Fee